Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Bag Tunic, in wear

Here are some photographs of my computed Egyptian Bag Tunic.  Please excuse the lack of sand, sun, bazaars, and pyramids, since we don't have any of those scenic elements where I live.  Also, the tunic is a bit rumpled, since by now it has been rolled, folded and just plain tossed a number of times.  All of these photographs were taken by my patient husband.

I had photographs taken with each of the two different ways that I devised for belting the tunic, but I find that I can't tell them apart for certain now that I'm looking at them!  I've also experimented a bit with some more-or-less period Egyptian accessories.  

My next Egyptian tunic will definitely be a Deshasheh tunic, and I want to take my time with it, since properly made it could become part of my regular wardrobe.  This one is a bit too full to wear for ease and comfort, and the wool cord around the neckline, through really sharp looking, prickles just a bit.
Unbelted.
Belted under the sleeves.
Belt through the sleeves?

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks rather nice unbelted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of it unbelted, but I can't walk more than a few steps in it unbelted without stepping on the hem and risking a fall, and if I put my arms down, the sleeve hems cover my hands. Maybe that wouldn't have been the case if I'd made it narrower, but hindsight is always 20/20.

      Delete